Apply for Casa’s ASB!

The joys of Club Rush have come and gone. Homecoming brought memorable experiences for students of all grades. Spirit weeks have created wacky and festive atmospheres for Casa’s campus. These events remind us that Casa is not only a place for education but also a place to enjoy the community Casa has built. Casa’s Associated Student Body (ASB) has the privilege to enrich the high school experience for all individuals on campus every year, and if you would like an opportunity to be a part of ASB, the sign-up process is now underway!

Being a member of Casa’s ASB means so much more than planning festive events. ASB represents the interests and goals of the entire Casa community. Students who apply for ASB do so because they recognize that there is more to the journey of high school than simply doing homework. Creating a positive atmosphere where students and faculty feel accepted is critical to the mission of ASB. To accomplish this goal, members of the ASB class focus on providing engaging activities that ensure a well-rounded high school experience.

Students in ASB plan, organize and participate in activities such as formal/informal dances, Homecoming, Spirit Week, community events, and school rallies. If you are interested in being a leader at Casa, consider completing an application for ASB. Surrounded by students who value the high school experience as much as yourself, you will surely find the life of an ASB member to be rewarding and beneficial.

You can fill out the application here, and listed below, as displayed in the Google Form, there is a list of requirements and expectations that an ASB applicant must adhere to.

REQUIREMENTS FOR STUDENTS

As a CGHS ASB student representative, you will be expected to:

• Serve as a leader and role model
  • Be devoted to school and class culture and events
  • Support and attend all ASB activities/events
  • Participate in a commission/event
  • Have time available for activities BEFORE AND AFTER SCHOOL HOURS
  • Assist with commissions other than your own (like event set up/clean up, partaking in class events, etc)

All applicants are required to meet the following criteria to apply:

• Have a current grade point average of 2.5 and maintain this during the year in the program
  • Maintain satisfactory citizenship in all classes
  • Have a good attendance and behavioral record
  • Complete the application/interview process
  • Understand and meet ASB student expectations & responsibilities
  • Enroll in the CGHS ASB class for the 2023-2024 school year. 
  • Attend the mandatory ASB Leadership Camp this upcoming summer (dates and location TBA).