The student news site of Casa Grande High School

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

Getting Ready For Hoco!

Bright lights, the booming music, and a gym filled with students dancing are only a few of the sights at Homecoming, one of the biggest school dances of the year. There was a lot to enjoy about the occasion, but, leading up to the dance, there were several other fun events for students to have a great time. 

The Homecoming week started off with several Spirit Days, all centered around a haunted theme. On Monday, it was Pajama day from Nightmare On Elm Street. On Tuesday, it was Fall Flannel Day with student’s best flannel attire. Wednesday was Dress Like Your Boo where they dressed as their type. Finally, Friday was Twin day from The Shining

Another signature event at Homecoming is the club parade, where clubs created floats and posters while marching across campus. From throwing candy to just trying to get students excited, all of the participating clubs worked to try and win the title of best float. Beyond the parade though, Casa’s clubs also nominated candidates for Homecoming royalty. Senior representatives were selected to run in one of Casa’s Four Graduate Profiles: Broadly Literates, Highly Employable, Personal Vision, and Civically Engaged. After voting, the winners were announced at the Homecoming Football Game.

Casa Grande’s football team also made sure to show their school spirit in preparation for the dance! One of the biggest games of their season is the Homecoming game, where everyone shows up to cheer on the Gauchos and see who won Homecoming Royalty. The Gauchos have attended football games dressed so far in Camo, Neon, and even Barbie themes to show their school spirit. 

Last, but not least, is the Homecoming proposals themselves, a centerpiece of the dance. Students recorded their unique proposals, all in an effort to win the proposal contest. Julia Clary and Gustavo Buenfil won 1st place with the help of the football team, and 2nd place was Luke Cilia and Samantha Richmond with a proposal at the local municipal airport. 

Homecoming is a great dance where students can spend a week celebrating school spirit. With these events, homecoming is an awesome time that gives all the students a break after working so hard during the year.