The student news site of Casa Grande High School

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

“Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour” Review

On March 17th, 2023, Taylor Swift started her Eras Tour, which became one of the most successful tours of all time, earning billions of dollars. This concert is a compilation of Swift’s most popular songs from all of her albums (or eras) across her over 17-year career. She already had a huge fanbase, but this tour made her popularity skyrocket. And, with the release of Taylor Swift: The Eras Tour, the filmed version of her concert, her fans have only been growing.

This movie was filmed in the SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles during August, which was the last stop in the US of the tour. The stadium was huge and it was completely sold out, with thousands of fans in the audience. The film started with fans loudly screaming and getting excited for the show to start, only matched by Taylor’s own energy as she sang and danced to hit song after hit song.

The special effects highlighted in the film were just as spectacular however. With amazing backdrops and different set pieces for each era, each song told a story in a unique way. The lighting also helped set the mood for each era, making it a true treat for fans.

Another notable aspect was the stunning costume worn by Swift throughout the film. All of the eras had a specific theme and costume, with some eras having more than one. The beautiful costumes shone brightly on stage and truly added to the performance, with the actual film’s quality, angling, and audio only highlighting the quality of the show.

Many audience members were featured on screen in the movie, as they were jumping up and down and screaming the lyrics to the songs being performed. The fans clearly loved the show, with thunderous applause after each song.

This concert film experience will satisfy fans of Taylor Swift who weren’t able to see the show live. It beautifully captures the point of the tour in a fantastic way, a show that’s meant to celebrate the years of music shared by Swift to her fans.