The student news site of Casa Grande High School

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

Sports Recap #3

We’re already halfway into the winter sports season here at Casa Grande, and we have seen some great plays from the students this year across our phenomenal teams in co-ed wrestling, girls/boys soccer, and girls/boys basketball. Let us see what the teams have been up to!

Wrestling:

The wrestling team at Casa Grande is very well known in the Sonoma region for their big wins throughout the state. This season started well with the Gauchos winning their meet on the 4th of January against Sonoma Valley High School; however, on the 10th, they lost to Napa High. Raymond Wang, a senior wrestler, said about the team’s season, “Everyones has been very committed to the team, and I’m very hopeful for our team’s results at NCS this year,” and he hopes that the team’s success continues till the end of the season. The team faces our rivals at Petaluma High on the 31st and plans to crush them!

Girls’ Soccer: 

The Girls’ Soccer team is known for dominating their rivals all around Sonoma County with an overall score of 8 wins, 1 tie, and only 1 loss. The team had a seven-win streak; however, on the 11th, they were beaten by Vintage High School. However, the team is ready to take revenge with their upcoming game on the 23rd against Justin Sienna. Lauren Reposa, one of the captains of the team, said, “I love how we all have so much respect for each other and every senior player is just as important as every freshie.”

Boys’ Soccer:

Comparatively, Boys’ Soccer is kicking into the season with 5 wins, 3 wins, and 3 ties so far. They have a 2 win streak after losing to Cardinal Newman on the 20th of December and many more games are still coming up, such as their match against Petaluma High on the 26th. “It’s been a good season and I’m glad to have these guys as my teammates and enjoy making memories on the field,” said David Ramirez, a senior at Casa Grande, when asked about his favorite part of the season.

Girls’ Basketball:

Dribbling into the season, it’s been a rocky season so far for the Girls’ Basketball team with an overall score of 8-10 and a 2-loss streak. The team still has 8 games to redeem themselves though. When talking to well-known senior Rona Hansen, she said, “I’ve enjoyed how close our team is this year. Almost everyone has been playing together for many years and with 8 seniors on the team, it’s a very memorable year!

Boys’ Basketball:

The basketball team is very well known throughout the student body, and many of our students come out to cheer on their classmates. The players have an overall score of 6-12 but still have time to crush the teams they take on! Coming up, they face American Canyon on the 23rd and then take on Petaluma High on the 25th at the Big house