The student news site of Casa Grande High School

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

Casa Grande Classes

As the 2024 spring semester begins, many new and returning classes are being offered to students at Casa Grande High School, across a wide variety of different interests. From Art Production, Sports Studies, and Outside Work Experience, students will have many classes to choose from. 

Taught by Mr. Neu in R-11, Film Studies and Intro to Creative Writing will be two new elective options for students. Both classes are semester-long and are open to 10th, 11th, and 12th-grade students. In Film Studies, students will analyze different types of movies and study them. For students who are interested in all the different aspects of films and their techniques, this class would be a great option to take. On the other hand, Intro to Creative Writing would be a great class for those interested in improving their writing skills. In this class, students will write in different genres, such as poems, stories, etc. Furthermore, students will also learn about how the publishing process works.

For students who are interested in coding or math-related topics, AP Computer Science Principles taught by Mrs. Fontaine would be a great choice. Computer science can give students a strong foundation in problem-solving and critical thinking, which are essential life skills. This class provides collaborative learning activities to provide students with an engaging learning experience. Also taught by Mrs. Fontaine, AP Computer Science A is a deeper dive into computer science, and students will learn about the Java programming language. While this class will have readings and lectures, there will be larger programming projects as well.

Taught by Mrs. Steiner in M-23, Personal Finance and Career Exploration are two other classes that will help prepare students for the future. Both of these classes are a semester long and for seniors only. Personal Finance will teach students how to be responsible with their money and manage it. You will learn about credit cards, how to save your money, budget, and invest. Not to mention, you will also gain an understanding of how to make large purchases such as a car or a house. Career Exploration and Development can show students what it is like to be in the workplace. In this class, you will go over things such as business etiquette, networking, interviewing skills, and much more. Both of these classes would be a great option to prepare for your after-high school life as they provide students with essential life skills and information. 

These are just a few of the many electives that Casa Grande High School offers. With a wide selection of classes related to all sorts of interests, students will surely be able to find a class that they can enjoy. The variety of classes can also allow students to try new things and discover things they never knew they were interested in.