The student news site of Casa Grande High School

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

Starbucks New Summer Blasts!

As summer is right around the corner, Starbucks has released its newest drink, Summer-Berry Refresher, which includes a sweet blend of raspberry, blueberry, and blackberry flavors with a surprising twist—boba. The boba has a raspberry flavor. This drink has received mixed reviews, as boba is not commonly included in Starbucks beverages. 

There can be other inclusions to the Summer-Berry Refresher, like adding lemonade to give it a little bit more flavor. Personally, it tastes better with the lemonade because it won’t taste as watery. Sophia Quiroz, one person who tried the Summer-Berry Refresher with lemonade, was very surprised with the outcome: “Starbucks comes out with new and different drinks every season and by far this Summer-Berry Refresher with lemonade was one of my favorites.” She tried the Summer-Berry Refresher for the first time and enjoyed it, despite only buying coffee most of the time. However, not everyone was a fan; Giovanna Vaca said, “I didn’t like the Summer-Berry lemonade refresher because of the boba, and the flavor was plain.” 

Photo Credits: Lizzie Maldonado

The Summer Berry drink is a fresh experience for taste, and it comes in three different variations: one with lemonade, one with coconut milk, and the original version with a water base. It is definitely a summer-based Starbucks drink that should be bought if you want to try something new on the menu! 

Photo Credits: Lizzie Maldonado

Beyond that, new desserts have been released as well. One of the new foods consists of a Pineapple Cloud Cake. This is an airy cake topped with pineapple cream, a pineapple spread with whole fruit pieces, and a drizzle of icing. The Orange Cream Cake Pop was another new addition to the summer release, dipped in orange chocolate and designed with white chocolate. 

Photo Credits: Lizzie Maldonado

Every season, Starbucks releases drinks that fit the spirit of the season, such as lavender drinks for spring, peppermint for winter, pumpkin spice for fall, etc. However, the seasonal beverages are only available for a few months, so stop by and get the Summer-Berry Refresher or any other summer items while you still can!