The student news site of Casa Grande High School

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

SRJC’s Dual Enrollments

Why are dual enrollments so popular between Casa Grande and the SRJC?

One of the most common things that you might see a student at Casa Grande do, is to attend dual enrollment classes at the Santa Rosa Junior College. While the SRJC is a college, and therefore primarily teaches college students, they also offer certain classes to high school students in town. 

The SRJC offers many options for high school students to choose from. Whether the students will want to take an English or History class, or an elective in order to fulfill a credit. The SRJC is a valuable resource to students who wish to take more classes to expand their academic career. 

While it is to be expected that there are some SRJC enrollments in high school for academically inclined students who wish to take more classes, there is still a large group of Casa students who are enrolled to take a class at the JC. 

Many students use the JC as a helpful resource to fulfill their graduation or A-G requirements, but others use it so they don’t have to take certain classes at Casa if they don’t want to. There are a multitude of students who also use the classes offered to gain free periods for their Junior or Senior years. 

Another reason why the SRJC enrollment process is so popular is due to the convenience of it. The Petaluma campus makes it easy for students to attend in person as opposed to the campus in Santa Rosa, and the fact that the school also holds classes online.

The Santa Rosa Junior College and Casa Grande will hopefully continue to work together in the future in the dual enrollment program. Working together to help students continue successfully on their educational journey through high school.