Robert+Steger

Photo by Grace Yarrow

Robert Steger

Robert Steger has committed to Boston University to study computer science. Steger hopes to pursue a career in robotics and artificial intelligence.

Steger is an active student on campus, participating in numerous sports and clubs throughout his high school career. Steger played soccer for the Junior Varsity team during his freshman and sophomore year, winning the Scholar-Athlete award both years. During his sophomore year, Steger started playing for the Varsity tennis team and continued playing for the team until his last year as a senior. Steger also enjoys the sport of ultimate frisbee, playing for the school team for two years.

Steger has also been a member of the Computer Science Coding club and learned how to code in Python; he also held the position as vice president this past year. Steger has also been a member of the Academic Decathlon team for two years and represented the school at the Academic Decathlon States competition this past year.

Steger has also made a difference through his various volunteering experience. During the past three years, Steger has volunteered at both the Petaluma Youth Soccer League and the Boys and Girls Club, where he coached and taught youths the fundamentals of soccer; during his coaching career, Steger earned the Developmental Coach of the Year Award in 2018 for his work with the PYSL.

Steger has also taken his volunteering efforts internationally to Paraguay. In the summer of 2017, Steger spent two weeks in Paraguay, volunteering at “Centro Espacio Creativo Joven,” a school for young adults with disabilities where Steger helped them further develop their Spanish speaking and writings skills. While he was in Paraguay, Steger also volunteered at “Fundación Virgen De Fátima”, a Catholic church office, where he helped with paperwork, packaging, and setting up the church. During the summer of 2018, Steger spent two weeks in El Salvador interning at an electrical company, Excelergy, that provides subsidized power to Latin American countries where Steger learned the programming language C.

“Don’t make school a chore or you will have a hard time doing well and it will be a painful experience.”

The Casa Revista • Copyright 2024 • FLEX WordPress Theme by SNOLog in

Comments (0)

Comments are subject to moderation. Inflammatory and inappropriate comments will be removed.
All The Casa Revista Picks Reader Picks Sort: Newest

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *