Casa Grande Hatchery Hosts Annual Fundraiser Event

Photo by Lauren Reposa

On the first weekend of Nov. 2022, it was time for the  the annual Hatchery Fundraiser, organized by the students and Mr. Hubacker. Starting from 5 p.m. and ending at 10 p.m., the fundraiser was a hit for parents and students. Students raised over $3,000 to support the fish hatchery. 

This event was a friendly fundraiser for the hatchery to help fund the various supplies and materials they needed. Being one of the only fish hatcheries in California, the students have a big responsibility of maintaining the perfect environment for the fish. 

The event started with a two-hour dinner with delicious pasta catered by Lombardis. Following the dinner was a silent auction, offering a variety of different baskets made by the students’ families. The crowd was loud and rowdy to get their very own, carefully family-crafted gift basket. 

To get into the annual fundraising event, there was an entry fee of $15 for guests who wanted food, and a $10 entry fee for guests who just wanted to sit and watch. This all was hosted at the Lucchesi Community Center, which also contains a beautiful pond and park just a few hundred feet away from the Petaluma Valley Hospital.

After the silent auction, the cake auctioning competition came next, offering family-made cakes brought from Casa students. The highest bidding cake, Mr. Hubacker’s, sold for a grand total of $3,000.