Casa Grande Eases Into Spring Semester

Studying by Skakerman (Archive) is licensed under CC BY 2.0.

“Studying” by Skakerman (Archive) is licensed under CC BY 2.0.

As the spring semester continues, there has been a surge of new information for the current semester as well as the coming year. With the start of a new year, the opportunity to start a club is available. Up until Feb. 3, students can stop by E-11, by the student parking lot, to get the classroom code for the wide range of clubs hosted at Casa Grande. 

Another opportunity to look out for is the new Honors Society semester sign up. As it is now the second semester, freshmen are now eligible to apply due to their completion of the fall semester. Students with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 are eligible to join Casa’s National Honors Society found on the Google Classroom (the code is 42ej5zh). Additionally, students with a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher are eligible to join the California Scholarship Federation. For more information, contact Ms. Simmeth in R20 by the due date of Feb. 3.

As students and teachers continue with this semester’s classes, class registration for the 2023-24 school year is ongoing. Counselors are visiting ninth, tenth and eleventh grade classes to discuss information about selecting classes for the coming school year. It is encouraged to consider an elective, honor, and Advanced Placement classes. For questions on important matters such as these, reach out to your school counselor in the Counseling Office or by email.