The student news site of Casa Grande High School

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

The Casa Revista

Live, Laugh, Love Lana Del Rey

Lana Del Rey’s birth name is Elizabeth Woolridge Grant and she was born in New York City. She attended Fordham University in the Bronx to study philosophy and be more engaged in music since she really enjoyed singing. She has a younger brother and sister. Her sister is a photographer, and she took the picture of Lana for her album cover, “Lust for Life.” While growing up, Lana started to learn guitar and moved to Long Island later on. Throughout that time, she started to produce music content which eventually brought her to her prosperous musical career today.

Lana has released nine albums throughout her time as a music artist. Her most heard album is, “Born to Die,” which is credited for her debut and stage name of Lana Del Rey. She produced several songs on that album, including “Summertime Sadness,” “West Coast,” and “Young and Beautiful.” “Summer Sadness” alone has over 660 million plays on Spotify. Currently, she is coming out with a new album called, ¨Lasso΅ which is a country album that should be releasing this September. 

She also has started collabs with many other famous artists. She worked with The Weekend, who she collabed with in 2017, on the cover song album, “Lust for Life.” Taylor Swift also featured Lana Del Rey in her song, ¨Snow on the Beach¨ which was released in 2022. Beyond that, she collabed with Stevie Nicks on the song, “Beautiful People Problems.”

At this year’s Coachella, Lana was a featured artist alongside special guests like Billie Eilish and Camila Cabello. She sang “Video Games” with Billie Eilish which got the crowd cheering. With Camila Cabello, she sang, “I Luv it” which is Cabello´s new track for a song she´s producing. 

Lana´s custom outfits were the highlight of the Coachella performances. The first week of Coachella, she wore a designed Dolce and Gabbana ensemble, which was a crystallized baby blue cutout dress with some boots. The second week of Coachella, she wore a cutout mini dress crafted from a pleated jersey, a leather skirt suit with metal studs/fringe, and a custom nameplate resin belt with bedazzled boots. 

Lana is a very inspirational artist and makes her music by heart. She once said, “We have nothing to lose, nothing to gain, nothing we desire anymore—except to make our lives into a work of art.” As she said, “LIVE FAST. DIE YOUNG. BE WILD.”