The Dawn of the Deadlines

On the clear morning of Sept. 29, the senior class closely watched the horizon. This exciting wait, fueled by cheap doughnuts, cold bagels, and contemporary rap music was a highly anticipated bonding experience by the class of 2018. Some complained about a lack of bagels and doughnuts but powered through the morning anyway. With not much else to do at 6:30 a.m., most students chatted and reminisced over the cherished memories shared during the last three years. As the sun neared the horizon, all present gathered in the end zone for a group photo, maybe one of the last they will take together before graduation. After the picture, the sun began to slowly rise above the treeline and could only then be clearly seen. The class of 2018 enjoyed the luminous sunrise, with its rays brushing the clouds with a soft, orange-pink glow. Many students quickly snapped photos for their Snapchat stories and Instagram feeds, preserving the beautiful and commemorative clouds. Others included themselves in the photos, taking selfies and posing for group photos with their friends. All students helped in upholding the tradition of sitting on the football field at a soberingly early time. As they look forward to a year full of college applications, stressful deadlines, and the Senior Project, the sunrise is both a tranquil and somber reminder that graduation is not that far away. For assistance, seniors may find the senior college reminders on page 3 to be a helpful tool in facing their final year of high school.