Marisa’s Fantasia – A Downtown Christmas Store

Photo Credit: Zoe Vestal

The joys of downtown Petaluma are never ending during the holidays. However, sitting in the middle of downtown on Petaluma Boulevard North on the bottom floor of the Lan Mart Building is home to a Christmas store by the name of Marisa’s Fantasia which has been open since 1972. This Christmas store has lots to offer along with having several employees who attend Casa Grande High School and many memorable items for sale. 

They are open from the beginning of November until the end of January which makes it a seasonal job for students and not a big commitment. The store offers a variety of ornaments including name brands like Old World ornaments, a big light selection, and collectable items that you can purchase each year. Many families make it a tradition to buy an ornament from the store every holiday. 

Lily Moser, a senior at Casa Grande High School has been working at Marisa’s Fantasia for two holiday seasons now. She talks very highly of the work environment around her, including that she works with her best friend who is also a senior at Casa Grande High School.

Photo Credit: Zoe Vestal

Moser says, “It’s nice to talk to other people in the community who I wouldn’t know if they didn’t come in. I like hearing all the customers’ life stories.” This is a great place for the community of Petaluma and surrounding areas to join in on the holiday season every year.

It is a busy store where people can come together for the holidays and purchase items that share the holiday spirit. Many memories have been made in the store for lots of different families. Year round they also have a sister store which acts as a gift shop next door. The sister store changes with the season. Both of these stores are a great place to visit in the downtown area and can help you get involved with the holiday season in Petaluma.